Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pain

In Dallas, I met a girl*, I was confused tho. I spoke to her in Shona, and she spoke back to me In English. Then I asked her why, and apparently, my Shona is funny.

Funny as in weird. I was like whateva! So I called around and asked people, and apparently my shona is funny/weird. And apparently I “overdo” my inability to speak shona.

SO WHY THE HELL, SHOULD SOME STRANGER TELL ME THAT MY SHONA IS BAD. What about everyone else I speak to??????????????????? Those I speak to on an almost daily basis.

Why am I only hearing this now?? Now I have insecurity issues. Thank you all my shona friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just asked my cousin in Zim, his response, “Maybe I don’t notice, cus I’m used to it”.

Like What the flying F@#$%??????????




*K so I met a few

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tungs,
i want to hear all dallas. call me!

pandave said...

perhaps everyone else's shona is bad too. and so you might end up with a kettle calling the pot black. but not me. my shona totally rocks. just your other friends. but since we never speak in shona i wouldn't know anything about your shona. all bases covered? cool.