Friday, June 29, 2012

The Signature

I am listening to Led Zepplin "Kashmir” as I write this... I rarely pay attention to status updates. I saw one by a friend that rarely posts... The statement: "You can tell a lot about a man by his signature...” Made me think about my own signature... I have a long name (I had to get my name badges in high school specially made - my first name & second combined are a total of 22 characters) My signature is very simple! The signature makes sense to me, but not much to others... I suppose everyone's is unique (and makes sense Tu...) mine looks like chicken scratch, the minimalism however is on purpose. I find beauty in the abstract and the discovery. If you asked me... I could explain the thought process that goes into every stroke & how it spells out my name. But I’d rather you figured it out. I have been looking at peoples signatures, & in most cases you can actually sit down and figure out the authors name, Mine not so much... Emotion goes into every stroke... To me it says... pay attention... get to know me... a lot is unsaid & a lot said at the same time. Have no expectations, but you will fall in love with me. Complex name, complex background... I present myself as a simple man... one you are better than in every imaginable way.. (if only you knew my full name...) The second part of my friends status update that inspired this post was... "... sometimes you may even know his name"

No comments: