Sunday, January 14, 2007

Book Of Life

Sunday Night

Ive been working at the same place for a little over a year, I'm still on the mailing list for one of the locations i have worked at, interesting quote someone emailed the team there...

My friend Steve Seglin used to tell me..Robert do you know what the definition of insanity is.??. I laughed ?...expecting some joke. Seriously Robert...he said... it is to continue to do the same thing over and over. and expect a different result..that is insanity! we need to think outside the box and find a new way and FAST!.

Granted this is all sales related, but you know when you read those obscure little things that, you think about and your like, yeah that train of thought might actually help me in life. So instead of my usual Sunday night routine... Family Guy, American Dad and the Simpsons today I watched some college basketball on espn . Hey If im going to be idle, let me try and be idle doing something else....

Regardless i have a sense of accomplishment!!

A lot of the blogs ive been reading seem to have some sort of new years resolution. Im a believer of the fact that its better to just procastinate all year round, than just for the first 2 weeks of each new year.

Here is my list....

  • Stop Smoking.
  • Stop Drinking.
  • Clean my room more often (meaning not only when its the first time a new girl comes into my room).
  • cook everyday.
  • Try keep a relationship for more than 1 year.
  • Run every morning.
  • Ride a bike to work
  • Update my blog on a regular basis.
  • Stop watching TV.
K that was funny right?

But really...
  • Join a new Gym (note there is nothing about going to the gym, I'm just going to join one!)
  • Explore my wild side (which means order something different every time i go to Starbucks), one of the guys at my local star bucks, looks at me with a patronising grin when its my turn to order "Grande Coffee right?" he says I say "Yeah", its almost down to a science, 3 minutes I'm in and out . When People Leave work and go on a Starbucks run, they almost always bring me a Grande Coffee even when i don't ask for one (this can be embarrassing when I'm broke). I had initially decided to quit Starbucks, tried the stuff from the break room on new years day (which is free). Went back to Starbucks.... The 80's where about crack, i think this millennium is about Starbucks (then again everyone knows they figured out how to put crack in Starbucks coffee).
  • Play more basketball!
  • Call home more often, it gets embarrassing when you talk to a cousin you grew up with, and you forget his or hers wife's name or kids name.
Now I have to figure out what else to put in this blog, Rumbi your not helping!

1 comment:

pandave said...

okay tunga. i am sorry. not sure what i can do, but i am here. like superman - except he always knows what to do...

i can help you try new things at starbucks (even though i get the same thing for brunch almost every weekend. i tell myself that i'll get something else but then it will have been so long since i had my last brunch and...)

how about this - get dumbells and put them next to your couch. then you can do curls and presses during commercial breaks or even as you watch american dad et al?