Sunday, January 28, 2007

Who Knows???

I met a guy today who edits books for Random House before they get published. Bingo I though to myself, maybe I can get help writing my book from someone that has actually read one*. This is perfect I thought to myself, this guy does this stuff for a living. So I told him that I have a “friend” that wants to write a book and if he had any advice or tips to offer.

I kinda felt bad after asking him that, if I was a doctor, I wouldn’t want some random dude asking me if he should do something about the burning sensation he feels when urinating. Or a credible artist being asked by K- Fed to do a guest spot on his album.

This guy was cool tho, I thought he was going to recommend that my “friend” read a book first before he/she writes one, or pass ZJC English. He looked at me calculatedly** and said maybe your “friend” should attend some workshops like the Gotham writers workshop.

I am going to take his advice into consideration. I’m pretty busy as is tho, I pay rent so I have to stick around my apartment (would be wasting rent if I was out and about), I have got my Alcoholism to support, a demanding TV that wants a lot attention*** and a second life.
I have always seen the workshops advertised all around; maybe ill go check one out.

Who knows maybe I will meet a new Jane or Lucy, I expect to see a lot of hippies at these kinda workshops. Maybe I need to get my hippie on. Leave work take off my suit. Wear sumn casual. I’m not even sure what hippies do? How will I communicate with them? I’m thinking they prob sit around the house and drink, Watch TV and Join shady online communities like second life!

Who knows?


*If you are reading this blog, and have told me that you think it’s half decent, you obviously have never read anything before, let alone books

** I’m not even sure what a calculated look is, but whatever it is this guy gave me one, you can just tell he has read a lot books.

*** U know how the local news keeps us in suspense “ A major threat to our area…..tune in to fox5 news at 10 and get more on this developing story…..” At this point you may be saying to yourself if it was a real emergency why are they waiting till 10 to tell us. And surely I could just get online and see if there was a “major issue” affecting us. Somehow, one way or another they get you, I guess they must use the same marketing agency the good people at Starbucks use.

No comments: