Monday, March 5, 2007

Axis?

Now as the world turns, when will us black people learn?
Before we had a perm, we came from Adam's sperm
You see with plain vision, we live in the same system
Became victims, once was able, can't even raise children
Where's 'the village' when you need it?
A question for the person in the looking glass
Our community's lookin bad like a bucket full of crabs
That's the crooked path
If we don't straighten this out, how long would it last?
Every night you hear the bullets blast
Even if you in the suburbs every night, you see the footage flash
across your screen, I'll tell you my biggest pet peeve
You lookin at it thinkin like, "It don't affect me"
You livin large I'm thinkin like, "It don't impress me"
Rockin them chains, Sojourner Truth is tryin to set free
It don't take a pro-fessor
to see the o-pressor got the whole treasure
Now how many Africans slain for one platinum chain on yo' dresser?
I'm no better just because I think I know better
Tell me who you trust when you're in your new trucks
Some of us dyin over a few bucks, killers old enough to ride a school bus
With brothers like these tell me, who needs the Ku Klux?
Women walkin with titties out cause the truth sucks
It's time to breastfeed, knowledge is the best key
We got us pourin liquor out for all the dead G's
Rest? Please, in the grave you gettin less peace...

One Be Lo

5 comments:

maestroAmado said...

True. That's all I gotta say about this cat. I think my favorite One Be Lo quote is from the song "Reality Check" from the Binary Star "Masters of the Universe" album where he said-"Rodney King ain't ever felt a beat like this". Please cop this album. Again, I went out on a limb when I said that his solo album is even more classic than the Binary Star joint and I will go out on another limb by saying-He is the most lyrically clever emcee I know right now.

Big up to you for spreading this shit on your blog. Hopefully this album doesn't get played out. I mean to me, I have been bumpin this for about 6 months now and still feeling many tracks. I think it will have the Black Star album effect (which is my all time fav hip hop joint btw) and never really lose rotation in my hip hop circulation.

And hopefully we can all do something about what he's talking about. Man I figure having consciousness can never be worthless and useless and I feel sonner or later-and hopefully sooner-we will be able to use what we got for the greater good and start taking what's rightfully ours from the "o-pressor".

Big up to you my brother.

One.

Tu said...

Yo I just got onto Binary Star.

I'm feeling it pretty tough!!

Tu said...

Maestro

Im listnin to Lupe Fiasco, I can see why u myt have thought he was in Binary star b4!

Same sort of vibe, and him and One Be Lo are both muslim, Same sort of themes....

maestroAmado said...

Yeah man. Also, I read it somewhere in a Lupe bio when he first came out. But it might have been comparing him to them cats in Binary.

Nonetheless, there is an erie resemblance. Hope the album starts to grow on you.

Amanda said...

I wasn't quite sure if I should read, sing or rap this, hehehe. Not that I can rap to save my life! Who's is it? It's tyt!