Thursday, February 22, 2007

40 days and nights

Ash Wednesday was yesterday which is not just the day before Thursday, and the day after Tuesday*.

Ash Wednesday (among other things) is the start of the period that Jesus went into the desert and fasted for 40 days and 40 nights.
I am Roman Catholic, so I am supposed to give up something or make some kind of (sacrifice), for the period.

In the back of my mind, I knew Ash Wednesday would be around the corner. I knew it was coming. I only realized it was here when a girl I was hanging with motioned to an elderly Gentleman that he had some black stuff on his forehead, and hinted he should wipe it off.

I have to give up something, and I have no idea what!

I do not really do much! As in I do not do much of anything with much consistency. If I ate, bacon regularly then maybe id give that up. If I went out to the club on a regular basis then id give that up. I have no regular schedule.

I was considering stop ordering food and eating out, and just start preparing my own food everyday. The only problem is that eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner can get old very very quickly.
I would love to try to mess with the stove, but it gets embarrassing when the good people at the fire department come to your apartment so often they know you by your first name, and can tell when you are wearing new clothes.

Ill have to figure this one out soon……




* I have been looking at that statement for the last 20 minutes and I have no idea if I got it right. I give up. I think if anything this blog has served to document that ur boy is not very clever. So who cares? This is one of the benefits, of not being regarded highly amongst peers**

** Blatant attempt to gain sympathy from female readers***

*** Valentines is over so Ur boy is on the prowl****.

**** Yes ladies I am Cheap*****!!

***** Sometimes I wonder why I am still single.

4 comments:

Vimbai said...

I was also battling with what to give up...which makes you think "What could u really not go without"...

Food is out of the question, i'm not obsessed with the stuff. I also played with the idea of giving up work for 40days, but i'm sure HR would have something to say.

SO i am gonna attempt giving up...*deep breath* TV & Dvd's. Honestly, i don't know how long this will last, but i will give it a shot.

Kiri said...

send food.

Tu said...

Pinky, Listen to Vimbai, words of advice here...Do not be obsessed with the stuff.

Give up Food for lent!

pandave said...

dearest,
it must be a sacrifice.

beer.